Classique Jackrabbit Classic 2019
We are very proud to announce the Classique Jackrabbit Classic 2019 at Mont-Tremblant National Park! The event will take place on Sunday, January 27th 2019 (after the Sépaq Winter Day, Saturday, January 26th) in the Diable sector (Lac-Supérieur) at Lac Monroe. For this 2019 edition, new cross country ski touring courses have been set up as follows (with Departure Times):
- 60 km – 8:00 am
- 40 km – 9:00 am
- 20 km – 10:00 am
For this 2019 Edition of the Jackrabbit Classic, the entry will be limited to 200 skiers. All skiers welcomed, however, the course length will determine the level of experience. We encourage experienced XC skiers who have skied the Coureur de Bois in the Canadian Ski Marathon (CSM) or have participated in equivalent sports events to ski the 60 km distance (equivalent of 4 sections in the CSM), while we welcome intermediate skiers the 40 km middle distance (equivalent of 3 sections in the CSM), and intermediate and youth skiers to ski the shorter distance of 20 km.
Register online now :
Our goal is to:
- Encourage Ski Touring in National Parks in Québec
- Honour Legacy of Herman “Jackrabbit” Smith-Johannsen
- Align with the future Canadian Ski Hall of Fame & Museum at Mont-Tremblant
FINISH at the Lac Monroe Service Centre, visit the Discovery Centre, relax, see the historical exhibit display on Herman “Jackrabbit” Smith-Johannsen sponsored by Canadian Ski Hall of Fame & Museum and the Laurentian Ski Museum, and talk and listen to skiers who had known or met Jackrabbit!
Thank you for joining us in this unique and historical Park in the middle of the Laurentians at Mont-Tremblant. The trails here are representative of Québec classic style cross-country skiing and winter adventure. This one-day event covers wilderness territory that Herman “Jackrabbit” Smith-Johannsen bushwhacked and skied many times in this region.
The Classique Jackrabbit Classic in Parc national du Mont-Tremblant on Sunday, January 27th is designed as a one-day ski tour for: experienced skiers planning to ski other long distance events later in the season; intermediate skiers to set challenges for themselves in ski touring (40 and 20 km), and for youth to experience the adventure and scenery in ski touring (20 km). The Classique Jackrabbit Classic as well as the Classique Kenauk Nature on Saturday, January 19th lead up to the two-day Canadian Ski Marathon and Gatineau Loppet in February. The START to the trail loops, the main checkpoint, and the FINISH will be in the same general area of the Lac Monroe Service Centre.
We look forward to see you at the START and on the TRAIL at Parc national du Mont-Tremblant, Sunday, January 27th, 2019.
Distances and Courses (refer to Course Tab and to sepaq.com/pq/mot)
- 60 km – 2x Le Malard (38 km) + Le Poète, Les Falaises, Le Lac-Poisson (21.4 km) – up to 8 h on the Trail
- 40 km – Le Malard (19 km) + Le Poète, Les Falaise, Le Lac-Poisson (21.4 km) – up to 7 h on the Trail
- 20 km – Le Malard (19 km) – up to 4 h on the Trail; or
- 20 km – Le Bois-Franc (12.2 km) + Le Poète (7.8 km) – up to 4 h on the Trail
The main Checkpoint will be at the Service Centre, with the START and the FINISH, 1.0 km from the Discovery Centre. Bring your own water bottle to fill up at other checkpoints along the Trail (Refuges, Junctions).
Register online now :
Registration Deadline: Saturday, January 26, 2019 on Sépaq Winter Day, the day before the Classique Jackrabbit Classic.
Register before January 18th, 2019; and receive a Personalized BIB!
Registration Fees (includes Park entry and activity fees):
- 60 km – $95.00
- 40 km – $70.00
- 20 km – $50.00
- 20 km – $30.00 (Youth 17 and under)
- DAY Licence Fee (if not Member of Ski de Fond Québec) – $5.00
+ applicable taxes
Note: Non-skiers, except Volunteers, pay applicable Entry Fees at the Park Entrance, and Activity Fees.
Notes about ages and cross country skiing experience:
- Birth dates are as of January 27, 2019.
- Skiers 18 and over will qualify for both 60 km and 40 km events.
- Skiers 17 and under will be in the 20 km event on Le Bois-Franc and Le Poète.
- If experienced, skiers 16-17 may ski in the 40 km event with an Adult skier, or in the 20 km event on Le Malard.
- Only experienced skiers will qualify for the 60 km event.
Register online now :
THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTER